The Highlands Ranch Farmers Market and Street Market has become one of the area’s finest. Having a farmers market is one of the things people look for when moving into a neighborhood.
The HRCA Street Market has over 30 vendors and offers handcrafted items, accessories, cooking items garden accessories and lots more each week. The two markets are side by side.
Sundays May through October 2014
When: Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., May – October
Where: Wadsworth Blvd. and Bowles Ave., Highlands Ranch
Made up almost entirely of farmers and producers from the areas surrounding Denver, this is a fun, fresh market that is worth the drive to Highlands Ranch.
Highlands Ranch 2014 Farmers Market & Street Market Vendors
- Domenico Farms - Colorado grown produce-much of it organic
- Forté Farms - Peaches, cherries, and apples from Palisade, Colorado
- Galicia Farms - Colorado grown vegetables
- Martindale Farms – Grows a wide variety of vegetables, proudest of their corn.
- Mazzotti Farms and Greenhouses - Colorado grown fruit and vegetables, bedding plants, herbs, vegetable plants and perennials
- Mumm Farms - Colorado grown produce – Our Rocky Ford connection, brings melons, and produce.
- Rocky Mountain Rice Company - has varieties of rice and Pastamoré vinaigrettes
- Snow Creek Ranch – Raises Black Angus Beef and features Cottonwood Creek Farm eggs.
- Styria Bakery II - Makes European gourmet and artisan breads and dipping sauces.
Farmers Market Vendors:
- Aiko Pops Popscicles
- Avanti Winery Wine
- Bavarian Sausage Express Sausages
- BID Sales DishNV - an automatic dishwasher enhancer
- Big E’s BBQ Sauce BBQ sauce, bbq rubs, pepper jellies
- Bijou Creek Vineyards Wine
- Calco Custom Jewelry and Gifts Jewerly
- Chocobanzo Chocolate Dip
- CocoaJoe Premium Brewing Cocoa
- Colorado Cherry Co. Cherry Juice
- Coming Uncorked Jams
- Furry Friends Biscuit Bakery Dog Treats
- Gotta Love It!,Inc. Garlic Butter
- Green Mountain Dips (Dennis) Dips
- Honey Gal Honey
- J & J Salsa Salsa
- Juice Plus Heather Allen Juice Plus
- Little Adam and Eve Children’s Clothing
- Mavuno Market Jewelry, bags, home décor
- My Mom’s Kolachi Pastry
- New Era Distributing Baskets & Scarfs
- Pacific Blue Jewelry Jewerly (soy candles)
- Papa’s Perfect Peanut Brittle Peanut Brittle
- Peachtree Jams
- Pinnacle Chiropractic Chiropractic
- Posh Pasteries Also at the Parker Farmers Market on Sunday
- Rockart News and Guerreros Chile
- Rocky Mountain Rice Company Rice, flavored vinaigrettes and oils
- Rose’s Creamery, Inc. Nut butters and Ice Cream
- Royal Crest Dairy Milk
- Skoob Childrens Books Children’s Books
- smalltown kettlecorn Popcorn
- Snow Creek Ranch
- Gourmet Black Angus Beef - No hormones, no steroids
- Spidergoats’ Family Band
- Styria Bakery II Artisan breads and dips
- Sugar Land Sodas
- Summoner’s Shrooms Mushrooms
- Tarpestry, LLC Tarps
- Two Little Dickey Birds Children’s Clothing
- Ubuntu-one love Glass water bottles
- Wild Alaskan Seafood Pasta
- Zapka Station Sandwiches
For vendor information about the market visit the Denver Farmers’ Market web site or call 303-710-2408.
Other Farmers Markets in the Denver Metro Area include:
When: Sunday’s Mother’s Day through October 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. (or until sold out)
Enjoy the sights and sounds of Olde Town Parker Colorado where Mainstreet is filled with local area farmers, Palisade Fruit Growers, Flower Growers, Fresh Honey, Eggs, Meat and loads of handmade goods.
Cherry Creek Fresh Market
When: Saturdays, May – October , 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. & Wednesdays, June – September 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: E. First Ave & University Blvd., Denver
Consistently named by locals as their favorite farmers’ market, the Cherry Creek Fresh Market is devoted to Colorado producers. Shopping here helps local family farmers stay in business, preserves quality local food sources for Colorado while using fewer resources, and most importantly, provides you with access to the freshest and most nutritious produce available. Get some just-popped kettle corn or a fresh-made tamale, mingle with the crowd and start shopping!
City Park Esplanade Fresh Market
When: Sundays, May – October , 9 am – 1 pm
E. Colfax Ave. & Columbine St.
Where: E. Colfax Ave. & Columbine St., Denver
The lush, green expanse of City Park is the perfect spot for a good old-fashioned Farmers’ Market. The City Park Esplanade Fresh Market boasts the same vendors as Saturday’s Cherry Creek’s Fresh Market, but is usually a little less crowded. It’s also a perfect spot for a picnic – just grab some fresh fruit, some bread and cheese and find a nice spot in the sun.
Highland United Neighbors Farmers Market
When: Saturdays, June – October , 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: 1500 Boulder St., Denver
This market in Northwest Denver is easily accessible from downtown, Sloans Lake, Sunny Side and the Highlands. The Farmers Market is on the 1500 block of Boulder St., in front of well-known local restaurants Vita, Lola and Linger.
The Market at Belmar
When: Sundays, June – August , 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Alaska Dr. and Teller St., just east of Alameda Ave. and Wadsworth Blvd., Lakewood
This European-inspired marketplace is a great way to spend your Sunday morning or afternoon. For the best fresh picked basil pestos, marinated Italian cheeses and balsamic vinaigrettes this side of Tuscany, head to Loredana’s Pesto. Morton’s Orchard offers Colorado vine-ripened organic fruit—the peaches are to die for. And if the sight of all that food makes you ravenous, pick up an order Sister’s Pantry’s Asian Dumplings with soy lime and cilantro. Or show up early for the fantastic pancake breakfast!
South Pearl Street Farmers’ Market
When: Sundays, May – November , 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: On the 1500 block of Old South Pearl St., between Florida Ave. and Iowa Ave., Denver Super-fresh produce, ready-to-eat treats, artisan cheeses and just-out-of-oven baked goods – this is what a Farmers’ Market is all about! The quaint Old South Pearl neighborhood hosts this splendid Farmers’ Market every Sunday in the summertime. The irresistible smell of freshly roasted chilies will lead you over to Pope Farms’ booth. If you’re looking for tips on what to do with your haul, show up around noon for the weekly “Nibble At Noon” chef demonstration featuring recipes, cooking tips and more.
Littleton Farmers’ Market
When: Saturdays, May – September 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: 8501 West Bowles Ave., Littleton
In addition to filling your fridge and pantry with fresh produce and baked goods, at the Littleton Farmers’ Market you’ll enjoy a vibrant community spirit and fun atmosphere. A typical Saturday at the market includes a hospitality tent with information about Historic Downtown Littleton, special kids activities, live music, gardening tips, a chair massage, adopt a pet and get veterinarian advice.