UPDATED 6/28/2012 Many Fireworks are Cancelled
4th of July Fireworks
AURORA COLORADO FIREWORKS - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
Light up the Night
Celebrate America’s Independence Day at Aurora’s annual “4th of July Spectacular,” featuring the metro area’s largest firework display.
All activities, live music and entertainment take place on Aurora’s Great Lawn located on the west side of the Aurora Municipal Center, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, on Wednesday, July 4.
Hear live entertainment by the Acequia Band beginning at 6 p.m. Fireworks are scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. This year, food vendors include Festival Foods, MoDay Dawgs, Manna From Heaven, and two beverage booths. Free activities for kids abound with face painters, balloon twists, a stilt walker and craft making throughout the evening. Don’t forget to tune your radios to Studio 1430 KEZW, our radio partner, where you can hear the fireworks choreographed to classic beats.
Limited seating is available on the Aurora Municipal Center lawn. The fireworks also may be viewed from surrounding areas. Best viewing locations include east of Potomac Street, south of Sixth Avenue, north of Mississippi Avenue and west of Buckley Road.
When: July 4, 2012
Where: Aurora Municipal Center, 15151 Alameda Parkway
Estimated Attendance: 4,000 in the lawn seating; 100,000 viewing the fireworks display from surrounding neighborhoods and parking areas. AuroraGov.org or call 303-739-7000.
ARVADA FIREWORKS - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
BOULDER FIREWORKS (This was before the Flagstaff fire broke out, please visit their website to make sure this celebration is still happening) FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Fireworks spectacular at Folsom Field at the University of Colorado with Ralphie’s Independence Day Blast. Fireworks, choreographed to live music, begin at 9:30 p.m. Gates open at 8 p.m. and program begins at 8:30 p.m. Admission to the fireworks display is free. For more information about parking and shuttle buses, go to Boulder4thofJuly.com
- Fireworks at Friendship Park on 8th and Southern St. on July 4. We will “Brighten the Brighton” sky at 9 p.m. Come at 6 p.m. and enjoy the music, concessions and other activities in the park. For more information, call the event hotline: (720) 685-7339. Learn more at BrightonCo.gov
- Great American Picnic and Fireworks Extravaganza will be held at Broomfield County Commons, located at 132nd and Sheridan on July 4. We start our celebration at 6 p.m. with children’s entertainment and carnival games. At 7 p.m. enjoy a free concert. Bring your picnic dinner or enjoy a hot dog grilled to perfection for a minimal cost at the park. After the concert, at dusk, the fireworks display begins, approximately 9:15 p.m. at the Broomfield Commons. For additional information, call (303)-464-5530 or visit broomfield.org/events
CASTLE ROCK COLORADO FIREWORKS - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
4th of July 2012 Red White and Boom at approximately 9:30 p.m.
The best view of this low-flying show will be inside the park. It will also be visible from wherever you can see the park’s ball fields, including the Target and Walmart parking lots and Renaissance School. Parking inside the park and along Trail Boss Road will not be permitted, so park at nearby parking lots, including nearby retail parking lots, and walk into the park. Black Feather Trail will be closed between Front Street and Woodlands Boulevard from approximately 9:30 to 10:45 p.m. For more information visit Best of Castle Rock website here.
COMMERCE CITY - COLORADO RAPIDS GAME
On July 4, the fireworks will start after the Rapids game at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Free family festivities kickoff at 5 p.m. with a kid’s circus, karaoke, live 80s band, zip line, mechanical bull, climbing wall and many other activities for all to enjoy. Fireworks begin at 10 p.m. from Dick’s Sporting Good Park. Tune into 92.5 The Wolf to hear music show along with the fireworks! More information available at To learn more go to ColoradoRapids.com or to the official website 4thFestColorado.com or call 303-727-3500.
DENVER COLORADO FIREWORKS
- The Denver Outlaws Firework still happening
- As of June 28, the Outlaws will hold their annual Independence Day Celebration game onWednesday, July 4 at 7 p.m. MDT at Sports Authority Field at Mile High against the Ohio Machine.Featuring Denver’s only post-game fireworks show on July 4, the Outlaws offer a unique close-proximity experience with fireworks launched from inside the bowl at Sports Authority Field. The fireworks are paired with a music video tribute on the stadium’s 97-foot wide THUNDERVISION screen.
- The Colorado Rockies will have fireworks after their games on FRIDAY, June 29 and SATURDAY, June 30. Buy tickets online at ColoradoRockies.com
- Blues Traveler concert on July 4 begins at 6 p.m. Red Rocks provides a good view of the fireworks show downtown. For more information go to RedRocksOnline.com
- The 18th Annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival will be taking place July 6-8. The arts festival weekend event is a world-class and award-winning celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts. The CCAF is located in Denver’s Cherry Creek North Business District, from 2nd to 3rd, on the six streets starting on Clayton through Steele. Learn more info at CherryArts.org.
- Fireworks at Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park July 4
Spend the day riding the roller coasters and the water slides at Denver’s downtown amusement park and then watch a brilliant fireworks display light up the night sky, starting at dusk.
More Info: www.elitchgardens.com
- Independence Day Eve Celebration in Civic Center Park
July 3, Civic Center Park (Broadway and Colfax), Denver, 8 p.m.
The third annual Independence Eve Celebration will feature a free patriotic concert by The Colorado Symphony, an innovative light show on the Denver City and County Building and a stunning fireworks finale. Lawn seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis; blankets or low-rise concert/beach chairs are encouraged. Attendees are welcome to bring their own picnics; concessions will also be present on-site. Civic Center is easily accessible by light rail, bus, bicycle or the 16th Street FREE MallRide and use of public transportation is encouraged. Information on nearbyDenver B-cycle bike-sharing locations is available at http://www.denver.bcycle.com/. Parking is available at nearby surface lots and parking garages as well.
More Info: www.civiccenterconservancy.org
- Great Rates at Denver Hotels for the 4th of July Denver hotels are offering great rates over the holiday weekend. All these rates are based on availability. Browse all the offers at http://www.denver.org/hotels/specials.
- Curtis Hotel Yankee Doodle Dandy Special
ENGLEWOOD COLORADO - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Fireworks display will be launched from the baseball fields at Cornerstone Park at 9:30 p.m. on July 4th and can be seen from Belleview, Progress and Cornerstone Parks. There will also be games, entertainment, food and fishing on hand starting at 11 a.m.. To see the full schedule, call (303)762-2680 or go to City of Englewood. As a reminder, all alcohol, glass containers, pets and fireworks are strictly prohibited.
GLENDALE COLORADO - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Fireworks are scheduled for TUESDAY, July 3rd at 8 p.m. There will be a festival at Whole Foods that day—please contact Whole Foods Glendale for more information. As in years past, the fireworks will be launched from Creekside Park at E. Virginia Ave. and S. Clermont St. Best viewing is at Cherry and Exposition. Come early to play in the new park just south of the Infinity Park stadium; and then walk up Cherry Street to snag your favorite viewing location because views of the fireworks will be limited from Infinity Park South. Call 303-759-1513 or go to the city’s website for more information.
LAFAYETTE FIREWORKS - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- This wonderful July 4th celebration is free to the public and will take place from 4 pm – 10pm at Waneka Lake; 1600 Caria Dr. in Lafayette. The celebration will include free kid’s activities, live entertainment, food concessions, lawn games and fireworks at dusk. Donations are being accepted for the fireworks show, contributions are trickling in but we have a long way to go. There are many ways that you can donate. Visit LafayetteColorado.com or call at 303-666-9555.
LAKEWOOD JULY 3, 2012 – FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Celebrate Lakewood on Parade on July 3! Fireworks are at 9:30 p.m. This will be held at the Jefferson County Sports Stadium located at 500 Kipling Street and 6th Avenue. Food, live entertainment, activities for kids. Learn more at LakewoodonParade.org.
LITTLETON FIREWORKS - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Celebrate Red, White and You on TUESDAY, July 3, 2012 at Clement Park, 7306 W. Bowles Ave. from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Go toifoothills.org for more information.
- The 17th annual Fourth of July Family Festival and Fireworks Show will be held on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 at Belleview, Progress and Cornerstone Parks near the intersection of Belleview and Windermere. With an emphasis on a safe night for families, there will be strict enforcement of laws prohibiting alcohol and personal fireworks. Pets are strongly discouraged. Learn more atLittletongov.org.
LONE TREE 4th OF JULY - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Residents from Lone Tree and Acres Green are invited to attend Lone Tree’s annual Independence Day Celebration, featuring the City’s fourth annual Firecracker 5K Run, community parade, live entertainment, activities for kids, local food vendors and spectacular fireworks show. Wristbands are required to enter the celebration at Sweetwater Park. Each household in Lone Tree and Acres Green can pick up four (4) wristbands and purchase an additional four (4) wristbands at $5 each (while supplies last). You must show a driver’s license or billing statement with your current address to receive the wristbands. Kids ages 3 and under do not need to wear a wristband. Parade into park begins at 4 p.m. Fireworks Display start at 9:00 p.m. Call 303-708-1818 or go to CityofLoneTree.com for more info.
LOUISVILLE FIREWORKS - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- Fireworks on July 4 at Coal Creek Golf Course, 545 West Dillon Road. There’s no parking at the golf course. Free shuttle from Louisville Recreation Center and Home Depot. Call 303-335-4536 or go to http://www.ci.louisville.co.us for more information.
- The 4th of July is going to ROCK at Bandimere Speedway! Wednesday, July 4th an event that features 290 mph jet dragsters, a family-friendly carnival area with free games, live music, and kid rides, plus one Colorado’s best fireworks displays that evening after the racing action.ADMISSION
Adult GA: $22 ($20 advance)
Top Eliminator Club: $49 (Includes Upgraded seat and Catered Meal)
Junior 6-12: $13 ($11 advance)
Children 5 and under: FREE
Discount Coupons Available at participating Big O Tires Stores
Fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. over Webster Lake at E.B Rains Jr. Memorial Park, 117th Avenue and Community Center Drive (S.E corner of 120th and I-25.) Scheduled activities include a pancake breakfast, a bake sale, a kids’ fun area with inflatables and a military recognition. Pedal boats will be available for rent throughout the day and during the fireworks show. Call 303-450-8713 for more information or go to Northglenn.org.
PARKER COLORADO JULY 4th 2012 - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
Let Freedom Sing! FIREWORKS IN PARKER Celebrate Independence Day at the Town’s annual celebration, Let Freedom Sing! This exciting event will be held on Wednesday, July 4 at Salisbury Park, 11920 Motsenbocker Rd. from 6 to 10 p.m. Grand fireworks display will begin at 9:30 p.m. The event is free and onsite parking will be available for $5, cash only.
Sit back and enjoy the sounds of Under the Radar, local rock and pop band from 6 to 7 p.m., Rocky Mountain Brassworks 35-piece brass band from 7 to 8 p.m. and Buckstein’s country favorites from 8 to 9:30 p.m.
- Fireworks display at Thornton Multipurpose Fields at East 108th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard at 9:35 p.m. Events prior to fireworks include walk-around entertainers, food and the Longmont Symphony Orchestra at 8 p.m. and a parachute jump just before fireworks go off. Call 303-255-7800 or CityofThornton.net for more information.
TRI-LAKES COLORADO - FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- The Palmer Lake Fireworks have been cancelled by the Governor’s Office, but all of the other activities will still be happening. Visit their website at PalmerLakeFireworks.com
WESTMINSTER COLORADO July 4th, 2012 FIREWORKS CANCELLED
- City Park, 10455 Sheridan Boulevard
- Starting time: 6:00 pm
- Ending time: 8:00 pm
The city’s professional fireworks show will still take place and is not part of the state’s personal use of fireworks ban.
Celebrate America’s birthday in Westminster! Food vendors open at 6 p.m. A free concert by Boogielicious starts at 7 p.m. followed by fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
Parking is VERY LIMITED, so please use the FREE Shuttle Bus from many locations in the Westminster/Hyland Hills area. GRILLS, FIREWORKS and GLASS CONTAINERS are not allowed at City Park. Visit their website for more information here: http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/
If you know of a fireworks display that isn’t listed please let us know in the comments below.